If you have been charged with a DUI, contact us today.
You have been charged with a DUI. After the initial shock wears off, you ask yourself, “What do I do now?” Great question. There are 5 vital steps to take if you are charged with a DUI.
- Write down exactly what happened. Your perspective of the events that led to your arrest are important to your lawyer.
- Keep your citation and any other documents you received from law enforcement or the jail. This could include tow receipts, tickets, police reports, bond receipts, etc. Most, if not all of these documents, have important information on them which can be used by your lawyer in furtherance of your defense.
- Hire an experienced DUI attorney. He or she will collect and preserve evidence, discuss with you the particulars of your unique case, and advise you with respect to navigating the often complex and confusing court system.
- Suspend your social media accounts. Everyone exposes much of their lives on social media these days. Law enforcement is wise to this. They will scour the internet looking for information that they can use to help convict you. Shut down your social media accounts if they include photos or posts that are in any way related to your activities preceding your arrest.
- Do not receive another DUI. While your case is pending, another DUI arrest will lead to a revocation of your pre-trial release on your pending case and may cause you to suffer enhanced penalties, including significant jail time.
If charged with a DUI, consult an experienced DUI lawyer who will help you to determine your best possible course of action. At Golburgh Law, we have a 20-year track record of providing excellent service and results. Call us today and schedule your consultation. Time is of the essence.